This recipe is perfect for when you want to make the dip for your chips just a little bit fancier. Not only is it pretty to look at and incredibly easy to make, but it’s also a great combination of not so unusual flavors (creamy avocado, spicy chipotle, combined with delicious crumbly goat cheese). It’s just different enough from your average dip to stand out, but not too different for those wary eaters.
- 2 avocados
- ½ lime
- chipotles (about 3.5 ounces)
- crumbly goat cheese (about 3.5 ounces)
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Cut the avocados into small chunks and place in a small bowl. Using the back of a fork mash against the side of the bowl.
- Add the juice of ½ a squeezed lime and mix with the avocados. Add salt and pepper to taste. Do not over mix. Avocado chunks are good!
- In a separate bowl add the avocado mixture, crumbly goat cheese and chipotles.
- Feel free to arrange the avocados around the edges of the dish, the goat cheese in the middle and the chipotles on top as shown in the picture. You can also add small spoonfuls of the avocado mixture, goat cheese and chipotles here and there throughout the dish. However, I would not recommend stirring or combining the ingredients. Serve with tortilla chips.
I came across a version of this dish while eating at a restaurant called, Centro, in Boulder, Colorado. I loved every bite. I kept the idea somewhere in the back of my mind, and three years later (that’s how good it was), I decided to make it at home. It was just as good as I remembered.