I spotted dates in the super market a few weeks ago and instantly the image of bacon wrapped dates popped into my mind. I resisted the urge the first time around, but I just couldn’t help myself this week. Luckily, we also had cream cheese and bacon on hand. Alas! Here you have cream cheese stuffed, Bacon Wrapped Dates.
- 1 package dates
- 1 package bacon
- 1 small package soft cream cheese
- Cut the top off of each of the dates. Make one slit down the side of the date and remove the pit.
- Using your fingers and a small spoon, open the date at the slit and add a small spoonful of cream cheese. Close the date and remove any excess cream cheese.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half and wrap one date in each of the half strips of bacon.
- Heat a pan to medium and place the bacon wrapped dates on the pan with the seam of the bacon facing downwards. This will keep the bacon sealed around the date and eliminates the need for toothpicks later.
- Carefully, turn the bacon wrapped dates every few minutes to make sure the bacon is cooked on all sides.
- Remove the dates from the pan. Place them on a paper towel on a plate to drain the excess fat. Serve while warm.
These Bacon Wrapped Dates are sweet, creamy and savory all at the same time and they are incredibly quick and easy to make. The time-to-make versus deliciousness ratio weighs heavily in favor of giving them a shot. They make for a great fall appetizer or even an afternoon pre-game snack.