If you’re looking for something simple, with a slight twist of something new, give this recipe a shot. Or otherwise consider what ingredients you might have at home. Do you have the makings for a traditional dinner? And perhaps another spice or sauce that has the potential to pair well? Give it a shot. Explore something new. It may be just right, or it may need a little work, but either way you’ll have some more cooking experience under your belt!
Here’s our twist on a classic standby, coconut breaded chicken fingers:
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into small lengthwise pieces
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- olive oil
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine the coconut, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a medium sized pan and bring to medium heat.
- First coat the chicken in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumbs and add to the pan. When the chicken has become nice and golden brown, flip it over in the pan, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Once both sides are nicely browned, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel on a plate to cool and to soak up any remaining oil. Serve while warm.
Serves: 4 | Total Time: 30 min