Snowball cookies are sweet and dense and rolled in powdered sugar. They require very few ingredients and are the perfect bite-sized treat.
The recipe makes a small batch, serving around eight people for a mid-afternoon snack. So if you're baking for a larger crowd be sure to double it.
*This recipe was adapted from: www.food.com/recipe/snowball-cookies-47521
Snowball cookies are a great addition to your Christmas cookie repertoire. The snowy powdered sugar makes them festive, and they're super quick and easy to make. There's no chilling the dough and it only uses easy ingredients that you probably already have on hand. They're also nice with an afternoon cup of tea or coffee.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla, flour, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Do not brown.
- Once cool, roll in powdered sugar.