Flourless chocolate cookies made with only cocoa powder and high quality bittersweet chocolate and Andes Candies mixed in taste rich and deeply chocolatey
I find when eating chocolate cookies or chocolate cake, if you were to close your eyes and take a bite you might not even know you were eating chocolate. To me, chocolate cookies hardly ever actually taste like chocolate (and chocolate cake even less often).
These cookies, however, include nothing but chocolate. Instead of using flour, I’ve used only cocoa powder, and with the added melted bittersweet chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips you are getting the taste of chocolate through and through. The minty Andes candies added to the extra chocolatey, chocolate cookies are really a great match and make for a nice festive treat.
- Using high quality cocoa powder and bittersweet chocolate really makes a difference in these cookies. The two brands that I've tried and liked are Ghirardelli (found at Target) and Guittard (found on Amazon).
- These cookies do not contain any flour, and you would never notice the difference. It keeps the cookies extra chocolatey using only cocoa powder and melted bittersweet chocolate to make the chocolate batter.
Flourless Chocolate Andes Candies Cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Ghirardelli cocoa powder (or other high quality brand)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup nestle semi sweet chocolate chip
- 1 4.67 oz package of Andes candies (28 pieces), cut in thirds
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, with a beater cream together the softened butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs and beat until just combined.
- Add 1 cup of Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips to a bowl and microwave at 50% power until melted, starting at 1 minute and continuing for 30 seconds at a time. Allow the chocolate to cool for a couple of minutes so that it is not hot and add to the bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the bowl and with a spoon, stir until just combined.
- Add 1 cup of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips and the Andes candies mints and stir to combine.
- Add a large tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie to a baking sheet, about 12 to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.