This recipe for hot mulled apple cider is perfect for a cold winters day and it’s a cinch to make. It's great to pour in a thermos and take it on the road for any festive activities.
Hot Mulled Cider
Super sweet hot mulled cider with cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1 tsp whole allspice
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- extra cinnamon sticks optional
- In a medium sized pot, combine the brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Put the spices in a mesh spice bag and add to the pot. If you do not have one, add the spices to the pot and later strain the cider before serving.
- Bring the cider to a low boil and immediately reduce to low heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- .Serve while warm with an added cinnamon stick in each mug or glass.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 0.3g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.4mg